Last Updated: May 2011
Applies to Versions: Kurzweil 3000 (Win) Standalone & Network v10, v11
May apply to other versions
Note: This issue has been verified to occur when installing Kurzweil 3000 v10 and v11 on Windows XP computers, Windows Vista computers, and Windows 7 Computers.
During the install of Kurzweil 3000 v10 or v11 on a PC, the user may receive the following error: "Error 1305, Error Reading from file. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it". The installation cannot continue. (Error Image below)
1. A 1305 error usually means that there is a communication issue between the Hard drive and the CD drive, or the CD media is dirty or bad.
2. Take the K3000 install CD out of the CD-ROM drive and clean it with a soft cloth.
3. Set Windows to see all hidden files and folders. Open "My Computer", Go to tools, folder options, View tab, buble check "show hidden files and folders, apply, ok.
4. Create a folder on your desktop called "copy of Kurzweil install"
5. Double click the "My Computer" icon
6. Right click your CD Rom Drive and click "Explore cd"
7. Copy all the contents of the CD to the new folder your created.
8. Run the setup.exe from within your folder on the desktop and run the install from there.
9. Attempt to install Kurzweil 3000 again.
If this solution does not work, you most likely have a bad/defective CD. Please contact our Customer Service department 800-547-6747 for a replacement CD.