Last Updated: June 2015
You may receive an error message during the installation of Kurzweil 3000 (K3000), reading: "Error 1305, Error Reading from file. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it". The installation cannot continue.
This issue may occur on Windows computers where the CD- or DVD-ROM drive cannot properly read the K3000 CD or DVD. This issue is quite rare, and it may be a problem with your drive for the disc you're using. This issue also occurred more frequently in older legacy versions of K3000 that utilized a CD-ROM disc for installation.
If you're using a newer version of K3000, you can download your version of K3000 from here: https://www.kurzweiledu.com/k3win
Attempt to install K3000 from the downloaded installer.
If you're using an older legacy version of K3000, you can attempt to troubleshoot the installation following the directions below. To avoid problems and ensure stability, we suggest you upgrade to the latest version of K3000. To inquiry about upgrading, please contact our Sales team: https://www.kurzweiledu.com/ContactSales.php
We do not carry stock of install media (CDs and DVDs) for older legacy versions of K3000. If such a disc is damaged, we cannot provide you a replacement.
1. A 1305 error usually means that there is a communication issue between the Hard drive and the CD drive, or the CD media is dirty or bad.
2. Take the K3000 install CD out of the CD-ROM drive and clean it with a soft cloth.
3. Set Windows to see all hidden files and folders. Open "My Computer", Go to tools, folder options, View tab, buble check "show hidden files and folders, apply, ok.
4. Create a folder on your desktop called "copy of Kurzweil install"
5. Double click the "My Computer" icon
6. Right click your CD Rom Drive and click "Explore cd"
7. Copy all the contents of the CD to the new folder your created.
8. Run the setup.exe from within your folder on the desktop and run the install from there.
9. Attempt to install Kurzweil 3000 again.